Federal Fish and Wildlife License

Federal Fish and Wildlife License

The Federal Fish and Wildlife license is the main legal document that the Fish and Wildlife Service provides. It is important to have in fishing and wildlife operations.

The mission of FWS

The FWS is authorized to maintain and increase fish stocks, wildlife, plants, etc. Fish and Wildlife Service takes responsibility for the natural stocks’ protection and management.

Also, the Law Enforcement Office of the FWS provides so-called Import and Export Licenses. These Federal Fish and Wildlife license are intended for organizations and individuals, in order to import and export wildlife products.

The “Fish and wildlife” phrase implies any type of fish, mammal, bird, or any sort of animal. So, for more information continue to read this article.

Moreover, find the information you are interested in on this page.

Federal Fish and Wildlife application

Before applying for a Federal Fish and Wildlife license, you need to keep the following instructions:

  • Fill in A, B, C, D, and E sections.
  • Each of these sections has its meaning and significance.
  • The application can be considered invalid in case of being incomplete.

Yet, it may be returned to the applicant.

  • Be careful to fill out the correct application for the relevant activity.
  • Sign in with blue ink because faxes and fake signatures are not acceptable.
  • Afterward, copy your completed application.
  • It will take about sixty (even ninety) days to process the application.

So, you need to operate beforehand before applying.

Who must complete the A or B section?

If you apply as an individual, then you need to fill in the A section.

To complete the application, you need to:

  • Enter the applicant’s full name.
  • Submit personal information characterizing the applicant.
  • E-mail addresses and Fax are not necessary if not exist.
  • In case of application of the customer’s behalf, then the information must relate to the customer.

Besides, the power of attorney approval document should be in the application.

Fill in the B section, if you apply as an organization, association, business, etc.

To complete the application, you need to:

  • Enter the business full name, organization, agency, that will be licensed after request approval.
  • Define and characterize a business type that the applicant deals with.
  • Submit phone number.
  • The principal representative of the business, company, public agency is responsible for any request or permit.

A representative may be the head or even the president.

  • Through the contact person of any company, institution, or agency you can get the needed information about the request or permit.

C section requires residence address for all the applications.

Country and state blocks are required for those U.S. FWS projects that use unknown addresses.

Applicants fill in the D section in order to pay the application fee.

The fee is needed to start an application processing. But, the fee does not imply a permit yet.

The fees for rejected or approved requests are not returned to the applicants. So, individuals or chief representatives of a company, institution, or business must sign with blue ink.

This process approves that the applicant is aware of the request’s regulations and forms. Thus, can get a permit. Before signing, read the application again and check all the answers.

Import/Export Licenses

You should get I/E licenses, in order to deal with commercial import and export of goods.

Also, there are many other types of licenses provided by FWS. They are: Migratory Bird License, Endangered Species License, CITES Permit, etc.

But the importance of I/E licenses is undeniable. This kind of license is irreplaceable to deal with the import and export business of wildlife products.

The I/E license fee is $100, and it is valid for a year.

Do you need an I/E License?

If you operate within a U.S. State and a Territory or between two States and territories, then there is no need to get an I/E license. Also, you should not have importing and exporting certificates for personal use.

There is no need to obtain an I/E certificate if you do not intend to engage in exporting or importing business for commercial purposes. Commercial activities include the sale, trade, and resale of any product of wildlife.

Who can apply for an I/E License?

If you are over 18 years old, then you can apply for importing and exporting a legal document.

Get an I/E License

In some cases, you must receive an import license in order to import some goods.

You must follow these instructions while importing:

  • Examine the regulations of federal organizations.
  • “CBP” (Customs and Border Protection) of the U.S. defines the goods that require a permit.
  • Apply to the community port of entrance to get information about import regulations and goods.

However, if an import certificate is not required, you should complete the “CBP” form for fifteen days. The purpose of this activity is to get your shipping from the entry port.

Most importantly, insert your importer number. It is necessary for all forms related to importing.

IRS (Internal Revenue Service) number of business registration is the number of importing certificate, too. But, if the business number does not exist, then the import number is “SSN” (Social Security Number).

Whether you need exporting permission or not, you can find out by checking what organization is responsible for exporting goods. To be aware of exporting regulations and instructions, you must follow “CBP” requirements.

Also, contact the community entry port.

IEC renewal

For Import/Export Code’s online registration you must register here.

If you do not have an existing account, then set up a new one.

Registration includes filling in:

  • First name, last name
  • E-mail address
  • Phone number
  • State or city
  • Pin code

After registration, go to the “Services” field and choose “Modify or renew IEC”.

Migratory Birds Rehabilitation License

Rehabilitation license allows dealing with damaged, injured, migratory birds for rehabilitation activities. If you want to treat or take care of birds, so you need a special permit.

The fee is $50 for five years. For getting this permit, you must be at least eighteen years old. Besides, you need to have experience working in this field.

Araxia G

Araxia G

Araxia is an ambitious, communicative, well-organized student. She studies at YSU, faculty of European Languages, and Cross-Cultural Communication. As a future linguist and English language specialist, she has the ability to work and communicate with people from different cultures, help them to get acquainted with their environment and people around it. Araxia is an enthusiastic, creative, hard-working person, who discovered the interest and the skills of writing interesting, creative, and productive content. Being a linguist and English language specialist, she overcomes all the difficulties in the process of writing. With great effort, she does strong analytical research, which, she considers, is one of the most important characteristic features each content writer must have. Being a punctual person, she does her work on a high level and she is ready to do her best to be the promoter of your successful and rising business project.